Reply To: In denying Snyder petition, Supreme Court upholds Sixth Circuit ruling

Fred
Admin

Not that I am aware of. The last I heard, ACLU and Michigan Legislators are working to bring the law into compliance with the 6th’s ruling. That will be their fix. Nothing has changed for registrants in Michigan as of yet. The Supreme Court denied review on October 2nd, it will take some time for the changes to be ironed out and enacted.
My opinion is that HB 1952 out of PA is just political grandstanding. It hasn’t passed yet and there are more hoops for it to go through before it could become a law. If the U.S. Supreme Court denies review of the Muniz case, then they will have to find their “fix”.
The fact that they are trotting out this new bill while the petition to the Supreme Court is pending, leads me to believe that they believe they will lose that case. If they thought they would win, why not just sit back and wait, then resume the law they had been using. And if they believe they will lose, to me that is an indication that they know how unconstitutional their law is. So this HB1952 would just be posturing for the voters.