Reply To: “Sex offense is the one crime that you can never pay for”

Joseph McQuiston

I’m in a position such as his. I’m a diesel mechanic and have been fired twice so far for reasons not quite truthfully revealed. Both times since I was released, the perpetrator has been motivated by my past. Now I have been without income for 34 days and am running low on money. I have applied at many multiple jobs and every reason has been because of my background. I’ve been putting in applications repeatedly but to no avail. My history from more than 10 years ago still influences my life. I have kids and a house. I am at my wits end with this situation. Whenever a fellow employee hears of my past, I always get the cold shoulder and then some. It’s been this way since I’ve been out. I have a feeling it will be like this until alot of ordinary Americans finally put forth their voices and say enough is enough. I’ve done my time. I’m a family man. I have a family to support. This background crap is for the birds. I’ve had fellow employees intentionally sabotage my work so I would get fired. But even the managers don’t care. What am I to do. I have responsibilities like anyone else in America now. Why do I need to be treated like I’m someone who’s constantly looking for victims? I’m trying to live the rest of my life like anyone else now. To all those that hold a grudge…it doesn’t help. The registry is a scam to make you feel safe. It hurts alot of reformed and prioritized people now wanting to get on with life. It hurts their wives, children and their relatives too. You don’t believe it, I know. But it does. Keep thinking the registry helps. It doesn’t.