Reply To: “Sex offense is the one crime that you can never pay for”

Daniel Silverman

Hello all. I am, unfortunately, the person this article is about. As can be seen in this article and the one Sandy posted earlier this year, I’ve suffered a lot for simply attempting to make a living, doing something that, frankly, I am quite good at.

Yes, I have kept evidence of what I’ve experienced. I have the emails of shows cancelling contracts with me in order to ensure their attendees are kept safe. I have the emails forbidding me from attending their shows. I have the documents demonstrating the severe financial loss I have suffered. What I don’t have is a means to do anything about any of this. It is, to say the least, frustrating as hell.

I’ve worked upwards of 40 conventions a year over the past 5 years. These convention range in size from several hundred people (usually around 800 or more) to thousands (upwards of 50,000+). I’ve worked upwards of 200 photos an event. This means that I have literally worked with thousands and thousands of people over the past 5 years. And, you know what? Not one complaint. Not one issue. Nothing. Even so, once the news spread I lost everything. As of this week, as a result of the latest circulation of news about me being a sex offender, my company is no more.