Reply To: Tenth Circuit COA upholds Oklahoma driver’s license requirement

Chuck

Yes, I 100% agree that putting the words “sex offender” on my driver’s License does not enhance public safety. You know what is the best way to get them to stop passing laws like this one? Wear you sex offender status with pride. Do not let them affect your behavior becuase they stamped your license with a certain Pharisees. If someone calls you out on it. Tell them “yes, I am considered a “sex offender” so what??? “ Refuse to let them dictate how you love your life. Yes, some people are going to judge you differently. Let them. Our sword in this fight is our refusal to let the state shame us.
If enough people over a long enough period refuse to allow this law to shame them, it will become toothless”.

When I first got on the registry the big thing to do was to check the sex offender map every few days and read up on the new “threats” to the neighborhood. Now, there is so many people on the registry, being in the regeistry has lost its meaning. People don’t have the time to keep up with all the new people.
So be BOLD. REFUSE to allow them to shame you.