Reply To: In denying Snyder petition, Supreme Court upholds Sixth Circuit ruling

Bobby

Lets be clear I am NOT asking for a lawyer type opinion, just a regular person’s opinion, that may be in the same boat as me, or at least similar, just trying to get an idra on what Michigan might do with me after they rewrite the Michigan registry, so any opinions would be appreciate, and if this sounds similar to any questions I may have asked in the past I apologize in advance.

Hello,

I have been wondering about something, I know they said that the 2006 and 2011 Amendments can NOT be retroactively applied to me, but then there is the 2013 Amendment and the 2004 2002 and the 1999 and 1994 Amendments  I understand I was still on parole when  Megan’s Law was passed in 1994, and since I was OFF Parole in 1996, I was wondering shouldn’t the 1994 Amendment be the ONLY one that should/would apply to me?.  unless they remove me from the registry completely.  

I was also curious since there was no registry laws in 1992 when I was convicted how could the legislature tell me I have to register, I mean is that not a violation of the CONTRACT/PLEA I took between me the my lawyer the prosecutor and judge?  or maybe even a violation of the supremacy clause, or the separation of powers 

I’m just asking just trying to understand how this works, or how the final rewrite of the registry is going to effect me.  Thank you for your time.