Reply To: Sex offender registries endanger the lives they’re meant to protect

Ann

Bobby,
I too am on the Sex Offender list. However, I’m not complaining about having to remain compliant until the law is rewritten. And I’m one of them who went from 25 yrs to lifetime registration under the 2011 changes. But I guess I’m wondering why you’re not wanting to comply until the new law is written? I’m sorry, but as a parent as well, that concerns me. If you don’t want to be seen as a threat, or a concern to the public, then I would think that you would have no problem complying with them until the law says we no longer have to.
I’ve been out since April 2003, with a successfully completed parole with NO violations at all. I was falsely accused. However, I’ve learned that it really doesn’t matter if I did it or not. Either way, I was placed in the third tier. I wasn’t labeled violent or a predator. And yet I’m lumped in with them. And even though I’m thrilled that the Court found in our favor, we aren’t doing ourselves any favors by not being compliant before the new law is written.