Reply To: NARSOL files amicus brief in premises case before Illinois Sup Ct

Tony From Long Island

Maestro, you and I seem to have a lot in common in terms of our past misdeeds. I just seem to handle them better.

It appears to me that you still do very much need some sort of therapy. Your frustration and anger seem to be eating you alive.

When I was 24 and 25, I was a High School teacher who also hooked up with teenagers to boost my self-esteem, which was pretty much non-existent at the time. After years of legal issues and appeals, I ended up with 6 to 18.

I am 43 now and am almost done with the 18 years.

I have been able to do things that generally are on my list of restrictions because I approach them calmly and rationally. I explain what I’d like to do and why I feel I should be able to do it. Nine times out of ten I am able to.

Probation and Parole have incredibly broad powers to restrict our lives. Trying to fight them is truly futile. Instead, I focus on things that are doable, such as modifying the registry.

It seems to me that New York might be close to changing the way the level of registrants is done. Rather than using their completely baseless point system, they may be on the brink of using scientifically validated risk assessment instruments. That would be a game-changer for me.

I hope things get better for you. I don’t like to see anyone as frustrated as you seem to be.

– Tony