Reply To: Registered citizen sues for the right to live in West St. Paul, Minnesota



We live in Minnesota. My son has to register. It stemmed from a conviction in Texas where the girl said she was 18, but was 16. The legal age for consent in Texas is 17 and the legal age for consent in Minnesota is 16. My son was in prison for 4 years and he was released in January this year. He wanted to move to West Saint Paul to live with his brother after he was released. Because this law was passed in December 31, 2016 he was unable to live with his brother. Also, because he moved here from out of state he has to register in Minnesota for life.