Reply To: Colorado ruling sparks deeper debate over sex offender registries

Al

Almost 10 years now. Just about finished with my probation. In this time ( i have to police reports to prove these events)
I have been shot in the leg, attacked by a guy with a knife twice, had my break lines cut on my truck 7 times, windows ( truck and house) broken, notes left on and spray painted on my truck, physically attacked 3 times, had a rifle pointed at me while walking my dog, verbal abuse… those are the ones that stand out. Few of these instances it was the same guy. Nothing ever happened to him.

I also developed PTSD hyper vigilant, depression, strange sleep cycles.. My wife of 12 years just could not take it anymore. I cant blame her. Who wants to live with someone who is distant and paranoid?

I have 106 days of probation to go. Then I can apply to not have to register for the extra 5 years of reg i was given 7 years after my sentencing.

My hope is to buy a small trailer, pack myself and my dogs up and move. Not sure where I will go. Had been thinking the northwest. Ill just be ” the new old dude that lives up in the hills”.

Oh, my crime? I had consensual sex with a girl that was 17 years 11 months and two weeks old. I was 36 at the time and thought she was older.