Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

Chuck

My Personal fight with “Megan’s Law” started June of 2010. It has been a long LONG 7 years. I have met people who don’t care I am on the registry and think the registry is illegal . I have also met people who would come into my work, and demand my boss fire me simply because I am on the registry. My boss refused. He said “Everyonr who isn’t locked up deserves a chance to move on .”
Since being on the registry I have started college and will be graduating with my BS in Accounting in just about 18 months. Getting off the registry is the first step in applying for a pardon to get my felony removed, so I can sit for the CPA Exam.
My point being this,: Everyone deserves the right to move on with the lives and to rebuild or even improve their life regardless of what happened or didn’t happen.
Do you know what is the hardest part about being on the registry. Every time you meet someone new you have to explain what happened. Otherwise, they think you were hiding it from them. No I wasn’t hiding anything, I just to do point/ counterpoint about my past while I am at work. I lost a 15 years career because of the stigma that comes with “you are a sex offender”

I so can’t wait to put all this behind me and start a different life. I just want to be a productive citizen just like everyone else