Reply To: Colorado ruling sparks deeper debate over sex offender registries

Tim L

Maestro,

You may be sick of the word victim, but since being a victim has become so lucrative financially and socially, the use of the term is not likely to abate anytime soon.
We have thousands of attorneys in the U.S. whom base their entire career on taking advantage of those who’ve been hurt. These attorneys are referred to as ambulance chasers. Gloria Allred is a perfect example. She is representing some of H. Weinstein’s former underlings\ accusers. You can bet she will make a tidy profit from her council! You can also bet your home that Ms. Allred is a supporter of the SORS.

As far as keeping the the SORS for police eyes only that approach will also not lead to measurable public safety increase. The cops will in the vast majority of instances will show up AFTER the crime is committed!

Furthermore the SORS are used in every kidnapping case to form a list of ” persons of interest” to be checked by police. I have twice found myself being questioned by law enforcement – both local and FBI – when a kid has come up missing near where I lived even though I had nothing to do with any of it.

IT CANNOT BE IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY TO QUESTION THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A GIVEN CRIME! In fact I was never ever accused of or faced trial for kidnapping!
Yet this type of behavior by the police occurs regularly, Thus can only be considered wasteful of resources if not unnecessary harassment. I can see now how we have gotten our country with such a huge national debt – 20 trillion and counting up! God save us!