Reply To: 23 yrs. ago: 5 yr. suspended sentence; today: still being punished

Maestro

Although I would love to see probation terminated as a whole for everyone on it, you’re all missing my point about SEX OFFENDER PROBATION.
You don’t see any probation conditions for drug dealers that they can’t go to a park or “loiter” at a school (if one of their siblings happens to go to that school), you don’t see drug users/alcoholics told that they cannot view any type of sexually explicit materials (as if someone under the influence of drugs/alcohol won’t try to sexually assault someone after being ‘turned on’)
Etc, etc, etc.
And it does NOT make sense to have us follow these conditions while on probation only to be able to go to parks, schools, movie theaters when we’re off probation. And the P.O.’s excuses for why we can’t do such things is RETARDED and illogical.
Not only has the legislature corrupted the original idea of “probation” but it seems to me you’ve all bought into what it is now vs what it was originally meant to be.
So yes, if you’re going to fight the registry, you also have to eventually fight the way in which sex offenders are treated by the probation DEPARTMENT as a whole. What’s the point in doing ANYTHING positive in life if a probation officer or their supervisor determines that you should be violated and re-destroyed like what happened to the man in this story?

IT HAS GOT TO STOP! Period.

Your former P.O. could have been the “P.O. from heaven” in your opinion, but trust this – any “screw ups” that you would have made would have in turn made her have to violate you. Remember, they want to keep their jobs and they MUST follow a procedure.
When you went on that mission tour, that permission had to be granted by the P.O.’s supervisor/boss first.
These people are NOT your friends.