Reply To: Breaking the ‘frightening and high’ myth

Kendal

I am estimating that since it has been over 25 years since my offense my risk of recidivism in the realm of 0.00000000001 %. Is this the frightening and high risk they are talking about. I am sure there are many more people on this board that can state the same. At some point they have to say, well if you haven’t done it in this many years, there is more than a good chance that you are not going to do it again.

Currently I am working on getting off the sex offender list as Colorado has now ruled that it is punishment, and as such, it is Ex Post Facto, but even if I do get off, I still won’t be able to do things a normal citizen does, such as go on vacation, as if I am in another state for more than a few days, then I have to register there, and de-register when I leave. I won’t be able to travel abroad. So yeah, I may be off the list here, but I am still not whole.

This whole thing because of some stupid article, in some stupid magazine, that didn’t even say what they say it said. When will the madness stop?