Reply To: Reasonable shelter denied to registrants facing horrific storms

Mary

Sheriff Judd also tweeted in order to strengthen his point: “We cannot and we will not have innocent children in a shelter with sexual offenders; predators. Period. If you’re a sexual predator and a sexual offender, we’re not going to let you sleep next to any 5- or 6- or 7-year-old babies, period,” Judd said.

WOW! This guy is a character for a future cartoon show waiting to happen. Can’t imagine anyone hoping that a major catastrophic natural occurrence happen in order to sleep next to “7” year old “babies”. I also wonder up to what age babies are babies in Grady’s special mind.

Children as young as 9 year old are subject to registration laws too.
From the “raised on the registery” report by human rights watch:

” Throughout the United States, children as young as nine years old who are adjudicated delinquent may be subject to sex offender registration laws. For example, in Delaware in 2011, there were approximately 639 children on the sex offender registry, 55 of whom were under the age of 12. . . . A 2009 Department of Justice study, which focused only on sex crimes committed by children in which other children were the victims, found that one out of eight youth sex offenders committing crimes against other children was younger than 12.”

I would love to see what this sanctimonious moron who calls him Sheriff, would say if asked if he would deny ” baby registered citizens ” from shelter as well. Or how would he screened them since I’m sure babies don’t have a DL or ID.