Reply To: Federal judge holds Colorado registry is punishment; violates Eighth Amendment

Kendal

Some of these comments made me really want to scream. The attitudes of these people are why we have a registration in the first place. We are nothing to them. According to them, we don’t deserve the same constitutional rights that they would want for themselves or their loved ones.

I especially took umbrage to the “They don’t even feel sorry for their victims” posts. First of all, how do you know what I feel for my victims, and second of all, how do you know how my victims felt towards me. They assume that every person convicted of this was hiding in the bushes and grabbed some poor little innocent kid and went to town on them behind the bushes. I won’t talk about my victims here, but suffice to say, that is not what happened, and they were even trying to be friends with me after this happened.

Many of the positive comments revolved around don’t lump every one into the same category, but they also seemed to be aimed towards the peeing in the bushes RSO’s or young love RSO’s.

Anyway, I am at least glad that this has happened and hope and pray that it makes it through the appeals process so it becomes binding on my case.