Reply To: CA judge “Turner-ed” by lying victim’s statement, fears recall

Robin Vander Wall
Robin Vander Wall
Admin

Thank you, Chris. I appreciate the kindness. To be candid, I am mostly to blame here. I am far too liberal in my editorial tolerances. There are comments posted that would likely be trashed if it were up to anyone else. And I apologize for that. I hope you will continue to participate in the dialogue here. We certainly don’t want anyone to feel disheartened by the content on our site. Your voice and your opinions are very important to us. And we’re doing our best to assure that all voices have a place in this forum.

That being said, I am weary of so much God talk here. And I am weary of the screed against Christians. Can anyone imagine how much worse our fate might be in Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, or Iran? Our heads would have been cut off long before now. There are a great many people who are motivated to act for the good of others by their beliefs in fairy tales. I don’t much want to see those people eradicated from the face of the planet. Because I am much more fearful of people who are motivated by their own selfish interests. For those, it’s merely a matter of degrees. And if I happen to fall out of favor with them, we have no common language of motivation to share. They are “them” and I am “the other.” That is, after all, how we’ve all ended up in our predicament.