Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

John W

I’ve already heard all this before. We went through the same thing in Missouri.
–1996, I had to register, even though I was released from probation in 1991.
–2006, Mo. SC ruled that the registration was a “new duty”, so I no longer had to register. My name and information was still published though, because the State said that I voluntarily submitted all my information to them. (Really?)
— 2007, Mo. SC ruled that the independent registration requirement under SORNA operates irrespective of any allegedly retrospective state law that has been enacted. (Allegedly?)
–2011, Mo. SC upheld that a suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) requires registration under SORNA. (The United States Government, does not, and will not, recognize any plea agreement or settlement from a state court!)
–2012, Mo. SC upheld the duration of registration in Missouri is “lifetime”, whether registering because of a Missouri, Federal, Out of State, Tribal, Military or Foreign registration requirement.
And just in case sometime in the future, an intelligent person would find a persuasive argument in favor of a sex offender concerning the Missouri Constitutional Ex Po Facto law:
–2013 Mo. SC ruled the restriction under 566.150 RSMo. can be applied retroactively and does not violate Article I, section 13 of the Missouri constitution.
The ruling goes on to state the prohibition against laws retrospective in their operation does not apply to criminal laws.
What all of this really means is every single person, whether he/she be a US citizen or not, within or outside the borders of the US, no matter the age, religion, race, creed, color, gender (known or not), have been granted inalienable rights, except, for the “sex offender”. All 3 branches of our government have declared that it is my “civil duty”, under the threat of imprisonment, to voluntarily submit myself, (as well as the few people who may love or care for me), to a life of ridicule, intimidation, disdain, hate, and worst of all, hopelessness. I guess I should be glad that those things aren’t considered punishment.