Reply To: New cottage industry developing — cashing in on sex offender registration

Thomas Darby

Rick, your last line sounds almost exactly like me. My father died of Alzheimers, I have some lingering dementia from strokes 18 years ago. I’m diabetic, 65, have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritic joints… unlike you, I don’t welcome death. I want to live long enough to see the AWA, Jessica’s Law, Megan’s Law, and all the rest, including every registry of Americans, come to a screeching halt. I want to see the politicians and self-serving bleeding hearts get their comeuppance. This guarantees I’ll live another 50 years, at least. Then I’ll gladly take the Lord’s hand and leave this sad Earth. But before that happens, we’ll surely see implanted “chips” (like a midwestern company is already using for employees) to track sex offenders wherever they go; imagine a siren going off and an announcement that a “sex offender is on the premises” if you go shopping at Walmart! What the average citizen does not understand is that if sex offenders are extorted and tracked by government authorities, it won’t be long before they track you, too. George Orwell would be screaming “I told you so!”