Reply To: AWA Loses in Pennsylvania’s Highest Court

Dee

Eric,

My husband was slated to be removed in 2014 after ten years but was updated to 2019 after SORNA took effect. We contacted a lawyer about filing a motion due to a ruling in PA last year that says that my husband might be able to get off the list because he met some criteria (I can’t think of it right now). They said it would cost 5k (told to us this February). Eric,

My husband was slated to be removed in 2014 after ten years but was updated to 2019 after SORNA took effect. We contacted a lawyer about filing a motion due to a ruling in PA last year that says that my husband might be able to get off the list because he met some criteria (I can’t think of it right now). They said it would cost 5k (told to us this February). However, my understanding is that now the state itself will have to remove registrants whom they have now unlawfully kept on the registry past their “expiration date.” We are expecting them to announce that they will be removing registrants, but who knows when. Probably months. We will not be paying a lawyer to maybe possibly have slight chance maybe of removing him from the list., my understanding is that now the state itself will have to remove registrants whom they have now unlawfully kept on the registry past their “expiration date.” We are expecting them to announce that they will be removing registrants, but who knows when. Probably months. We will not be paying a lawyer to maybe possibly have slight chance maybe of removing him from the list.