Reply To: Advocates Seeking to Reform Sex Offender Registry Laws to Convene in Los Angeles

sherman pringle

Hello

Everyone reading

I’m a convicted sex offender. I committed a sex crime in 2002 and was sentenced to 41/2 years to 10 years in prison. I ended up spending 8 years in prison. I was released in Jan. 2010. I have since completed 2 years parole which completed the maximum time of my sentence. However I’m still to register on the sex offender register for the rest of my life. I was 22 at the time of my offense. I will be 36 in June.
I was arrested yesterday 3-19-2014 for two felony warrants, for failing to report my employment. I now have two more felonies because I can only work for temporary services who may over look felonies. Point is, I’m sent to different sites by this agency and without thought I go to work. Is that a felony charge that constitutes a warrant where multiple sheriffs surround my home with my three young children and fiance with weapons drawn? May I add that I’m in “compliance with my address, vehicle, and current registry as a whole. Arresting officers told me “they don’t know what I could be doing at work.” Am I ever really free?