Reply To: To Maryland Legislators: No “Loopholes,” just a Constitution – and the TRUTH

Grace

My son was just convicted of being a sexual offender. He had ask the girl how old she was, for a reason, and the girl and her friend conspired and lied to him. HE BECAME A VICTIM OF A CONSPIRACY and LIES. HE IS NOW THE VICTIM OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

Florida Statute 800.04(a) leaves the defendant with NO DEFENSE AT ALL. I THINK THIS LAW SHOULD BE CHANGED AND THE STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE SHOULD USE DESCRETION WHEN ALLOWING A CASE LIKE MY SON’S TO BE CHARGED AND CONVICTED AND LABELED A SEXUAL OFFENDER…WHEN THAT IS NOT WHAT HE IS… HE DID NOT SEEK OUT THIS GIRL, AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE IN HIS LIFE. YES HE GOT A SPEEDING TICKET…THAT’S ALL. NOW HE WILL BE SERVING 5 and half years for pleading no contest, because he had no chance of winning with the way the law is written…. Which I think is totally unconstitutional.

CAN I GET SOME FEED BACK ON THIS? IT IS WELCOMED… I PLAN TO FIGHT TO GET THIS LAW CHANGED.
As it is now, The girl’s age, chasity, her lying, can not be used in my son’s defense. THERE IS NO DEFENSE.