NARSOL envisions a society free from public shaming, dehumanizing registries, discrimination, and unconstitutional laws.
NARSOL opposes dehumanizing registries and works to eliminate discrimination, banishment, and vigilantism against persons accused or convicted of sexual offenses through the use of impact litigation, public education, legislative advocacy, and media outreach in order to reintegrate and reconcile affected individuals and restore their constitutional rights.
• promote laws targeting harmful acts rather than entire classes of people;
• advocate for the abolishment of dehumanizing registries as they are ineffective, wasteful, and contradictory to rehabilitation and public safety;
• support removal of residency and proximity restrictions against registrants after their court-imposed sentence is satisfied;
• support litigation and legislation which remove or prevent retroactive increases in registration requirements and restrictions;
• advocate to limit post-prison civil commitment strictly to extraordinary cases where the state proves that the person presents a danger to the community;
• promote treatment of civilly committed persons with the goal of reintegration back into society;
• advocate for review and removal of currently committed persons who do not meet the dangerousness criteria, without imposing an additional financial burden on those persons;
• promote laws which replace lifetime supervision/parole with a system that includes ongoing assessments for termination of supervision;
• encourage fair and balanced trials, proportional sentencing, reasonable statutes of limitation, and the elimination of mandatory minimum sentencing;
• discourage discrimination, violence, and vigilantism toward those accused or convicted of a sexual offense;
• seek out and support programs which effectively reintegrate and rehabilitate former offenders;
• seek out and support programs which effectively prevent new sexual offenses through intervention and community education; and
• promote healthy, trusting human interaction by replacing fear and panic with solid facts and reason.