The nominating committee of the National Association for Rational Sexual Offense Laws (NARSOL) is seeking candidates for board of director members who will serve a minimum three (3) year term and assist NARSOL in achieving its vision of having “a society free from public shaming, dehumanizing registries, discrimination, and unconstitutional laws.” The board meets monthly to govern and oversee the management of the organization. Additionally, all board members are expected to actively participate in committee activities and attend committee meetings as required.
Founded in 2007 as RSOL and 2016 as NARSOL, NARSOL is a 501(c) (3) non-profit and charitable organization dedicated to fighting to restore dignity and constitutional rights to millions of Americans, registrants as well as families, who are impacted by sexual offense registries.
- Serve as a member of a collegial body that is committed to seeking the restoration of rights to all registered citizens;
- Provide technical and professional input, advice, and guidance in helping develop the future direction of NARSOL;
- Participate fully in decision making activities;
- Raise the profile of NARSOL nationally and in the local service communities;
- Build relationships with all stakeholders.
- An understanding of our community and mission and a passion for our cause;
- Previous governance experience as a volunteer for NARSOL, a NARSOL affiliate, or a comparable civil rights organization;
- A willingness to provide active participation required on a working board and its committees; hands-on WORK experience in advocacy and dedicated participation and management in those additional committees is expected;
- An awareness and knowledge of the issues concerning registrants and the impact on their families, lifestyles and society;
- Experience in the some or all of the areas of legislation, marketing, fundraising, non-profit management, member recruitment and/or public speaking;
SPECIAL NOTE: Although candidates may not be actively serving parole or probation, a past conviction is not a disqualifying issue.
How to Apply:
Please reply by April 30, 2022, with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please visit NARSOL.org for more information about our organization.
NARSOL is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all individuals.