Work published elsewhere
- Unless permission is given otherwise, such pieces will contain only a portion of the original;
- The author’s name shall be prominently in the byline at the beginning of the post;
- A link to the original publication, which will be named, will be at the end of the posted portion;
- The opinions expressed in the posted portion reflect the opinions of the author and not necessarily of NARSOL.
Request for posting of an event or project
NARSOL receives many requests from within and without our ranks to post or promote an event or a project. When such a request is made, we will ask the requesting party to fill out a short questionnaire which will be reviewed by the marketing committee, who will then make the decision and inform the requestee. These will be the questions to be answered:
- Describe your event. (Who, What, When, Where, Cost if any) or provide a publicity flier/link
- Has NARSOL or a NARSOL affiliate been actively involved in the planning of this event? If yes, in what capacity?
- What impact are you hoping for from your event? For example, how might your event help change public perceptions or assist persons impacted by the registry?
- How many people do you anticipate will participate?
- Will you be willing to accept suggestions for edits or changes to your material for purposes of clarity or grammatical correctness?
Request for dissemination of research projects:
As the oldest national organization fighting for the rights of persons affected by sexual offense laws, NARSOL receives frequent requests to promote and distribute surveys or polls that are part of research projects. Legitimate research is vital as we strive to focus on the facts of the sexual offense registry and its impact on individuals, families, and the community. As an organization, we will do what we can to support new research. We have established criteria, policy, a review board, and a process for “vetting” these requests and supporting and recommending them. NARSOL can serve as point of contact for ALL of our state groups, not just those with contact info.
- If a NARSOL-connected group or individual is approached with a request, ask that the researcher(s) contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the appeal and include the IRB, statement of purpose, and summary of research aims.
- When the project is approved, we will post it on the website and on the affiliates’ listserv.