On this, our 70th episode of Registry Matters, we have a long time listener and supporter from Florida who is trying to learn about the legislative process to be a more effective advocate; additional topics covered are:
- A listener emailed a question regarding moving around and around and around to avoid registration;
- A voicemail question about supervision conditions when moving to another state;
- Justice is the prosecution getting the right person, not putting “anyone” behind bars for 22 years;
- Philly DA is going after mass incarceration;
- Man spends 36 years in prison and can receive a max $250k for wrongful incarceration;
- Mens rea reform and using an affirmative defense;
- SCOTUS considers if jury should be involved in supervised release;
- Virginia Governor proposes to tweak evacuation shelter rules for registrants;
- The 9th circuit decision in a NARSOL case regarding if the state is required to prove sexual motivation.
Share the podcast with those you know so that we can continue to grow our audience! Help us grow!
Discord server: https://discord.gg/DAmupkf
iTunes, Google Play Music, RSS, Spotify, YouTube